Re: Problem establishing SSL connection in code-behind

On Jan 4, 6:04 pm, "Joe Kaplan"
<joseph.e.kap...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It appears that you have the correct audits configured on the machine. The
audits being recorded are all of the security events, some of which
correspond to the web server processing logons. The 540 event is the logon
event you would be looking for and the event details should contain the
username of the user who was authenticated, the logon package used, the
source IP address, etc. The time should also match when the wfetch or .NET
code executed.

The key is to look in the details of these logon events to see if you see
anything different between what is generated for wfetch vs. .NET. That is
likely the key to the troubleshooting.

Joe K.

Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--"gnewsgroup" <gnewsgr...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Thanks. I did briefly looked into the details of those succeeded
logon events, but could not find anything that interests me. I will
take a closer look on Monday and get back.

BTW, I read your post at
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security/msg/6ddee53c9d8a6c1e?dmode=source

in which you mentioned that what I am trying to achieve is sorta hard,
right?

  • Re: Lightweight logon? Impersonation? - shared workstation problem
    ... seems to result in a lengthy logon. ... they are in the application in a couple seconds, upon entering their login ID ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... You do need to do something to make sure the browser window is not reused by ...
  • Re: Problem establishing SSL connection in code-behind
    ... On Jan 7, 4:48 pm, "Joe Kaplan" ... question must actually be able to perform the requested logon type on the ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net ... Caller User Name: - ...
  • Re: Validating Old Passwords Before Changing Them
    ... On Jan 31, 6:21 pm, "Joe Kaplan" ... password at next logon". ... I don't think you can call LogonUser ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net ...
  • error from federation server proxy
    ... the application is not opening and going to federation server ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: LDIFDE Error when trying to change passwords.
    ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... The -h adds the encryption. ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services ... command or the bind command as I am not sure how to use them. ...