Re: Can groups be entered in the authorization tab?

Yes, they can. The typical problem here is that they are not specified
using the name that Windows uses to do the match, so you don't get a valid
match.

What I typically recommend is writing a little code to dump out the groups
in the user's token so you can see what's in there and see how they are
formatted using the Groups property on WindowsIdentity and the Translate
method on IdentityReferenceCollection.

In some cases, the user may not be in the groups you think they are.

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Randy Galliano" <randy.galliano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello,

I put some users in a group in Active Directory who can access an ASP.NET
intra net site internally. When I go to the authorization tab on the
ASP.Net configuration settings, and add the individual users, the users
can get onto the site. When I add the group, of which the users are
members, authentication never works. Can groups be used?

Regards,

Randy.

  • Re: Error setting DirecotrySearchers new ExtendedDN
    ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... Windows 98, Windows 2000 SP4, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows Server ... error when my code reaches "using (SearchResultCollection results = ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Single sign-on between web & desktop
    ... Can you use integrated windows authentication for this? ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... The desktop app is ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Light directory service and ADAM
    ... ADAM is not a store for Windows accounts. ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: determine trusted domain with windows authentication
    ... I thought it was created using tokens but the domain name is still ... The domain name in the user name is formed by Windows authentication based ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: form authentication and webservices
    ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... We will be using Windows Authentication on the Web Services side (same ... Dominick Baier ...