Re: login control blues

The AD membership provider fits into the ASP.NET 2.0 membership provider
framework which allows for flexibility with the underlying user store
mechanism. There are other membership providers as well for stores like

There is a nice article on using the AD membership provider from the
patterns and practices team:

Joe K.

<ChandrikaHarathi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks Joe,
Could you expand on the ActivedirectoryMembershipProvider. I am new
to .net 2.0. I have to validate uid-pwd combination and this will not
be an intranet site, so I think form authentication is the solution
here. The requirements other parts of the web-site are straight but
need this AD validation to be strong.