Role Provider Security Trimming Issue

I have set up my project to use Security Trimming by editing my
web.config file.

I added the securityTrimmingEnabled = "True"

I added <roleManager enabled="true" />

In my Site map provider .vb file, I override the IsAccessibleToUser
function to query a database to get application specific roles. I then
loop through the node.Roles looking for a match in the user roles. I
then return true or false to enable the menu item to appear.

This all works great when I run the application from Visual Studio.
I'm able to see the Administration section.

However, if I go to http://localhost/mysite directly, I do not see the
Administration link.

Can anyone provide any insight as to why I can only see it when
debugging in Visual Studio?

Tim

.