RE: Problem deploying forms authorization

Hi Haim,

From your description, I understand you're using ASP.NET forms based
authentication, and will use a custom SQL Server database to authenticate
the username/password credentials. However, you found that it start report
connection error after you move the database to a production database
server ,correct?

Regarding on this issue, as you mentioned that "this error is in spite of
the fact that my queries called in the code have ran properly on sql
server.", so you can make sure that the ASP.NET application has correctly
connected to the SQL Server database and executed query on it, correct?

Since there are many things that could be related to the problem here, I
think we'd better perform some tests to isolate the issue:

** Currently your ASP.NET application is still on the development machine
and connect to the remote SQL Server on production machine, correct?

** If you've made sure that the query has been executed on the remote SQL
Server 2005 instance, is there any other code in your ASP.NET application
that will visit a remote SQL Server machine which may return such exception?

** In the SQL profiler trace message, have you seen the expected security
identity from the ASP.NET application(as you've used <impersonate userName=
... password=...> to force impersonate)?

** You can create a console application which use the same security account
to execute some SQL scripts against that remote SQL database to see whether
it works or will report the same error.

Anyway, if will be much helpful if we can recreate the symptom under some
simplified condition.

If there is anything else I missed or you have any other finding, please
feel free to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

  • Re: SSIS as part of scheduled job fails
    ... An SSIS package does not run when you call the SSIS package from a SQL ... Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio ... I ended up contacting Microsoft and opening a support case. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Cannot setup SQL Mail on SBS 2003
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Cannot setup SQL Mail on SBS 2003 ... The account you use to start the SQL Server service must be a domain ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SQL Express Edition Network Deployment Error
    ... I have instructed my colleague to ask for a quotation of MS SQL Standard to solve our problem. ... There is a 25% Discount on SQL Server up to Sept this year. ... Because your mdf is located in a network share and our app accesses the mdf ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
  • Re: Access 2007->SQL Server2005 "connection was forcibly closed",G
    ... I moved every table I was able to move to the SQL ... closed connections - but all of these errors are in the version which used ... the SQL Server 2000 and everything worked ... communication between ODBC (OLEDB and Native Client, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • RE: SSMSE vs. SSMS
    ... Yes, from the following article in SQL Server 2005 BOL, I think that you ... SSMSE cannot manage Analysis Services, Integration Services, Notification ... SSMSE does not support scheduling administrative tasks by using SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)