Problem deploying forms authorization

I have a forms authentication application in asp.net 2.0 which is working fine on my development machine. I authenticate the user with a simple custom routine. I have copied the database to the production server and have given necessary permissions for the logged on user to access the database. Using SQL profiler I can see that the queries are being carried out on the sql server (2005).

My production server is giving me an error page "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) "

this error is in spite of the fact that my queries called in the code have ran properly on sql server.

If I remove the forms authorization mode portion of the web config file, the rest of my application works fine on the production server, and I have no problem accessing the database. Here is my web config:

<system.web>

<authorization>
<allow roles="admin"/>
<allow roles="manager"/>
<allow roles="user"/>
<deny users="?" />

</authorization>

<identity impersonate="true" userName="myuser" password="password"/>

<roleManager enabled="true" />
<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true"/>

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="Logon.aspx" name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH">
</forms>

</authentication>

It appears my deployment problem has something to do with configuration of the logon page. As the code works on my production machine, and the connection is made with sql server, I don't think its a problem with the code, but with some configuation settings.

Any help is appreciated.

haim katz

  • Re: Error "SQL Server does not allow remote connections"
    ... The application could not connect to the sql server db. ... network is blocking the connection. ... SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 ... integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject) +737554 ...
  • Re: Connection from remote computer to network SQL Server
    ... There is no firewall on the W2K machine acting as the SQL server. ... I tried making the SQL machine a "trusted" on the router. ... connection works. ... To find the IP address of your computer inside the network, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • ADO.net Orcas Samples Install Problem
    ... An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. ... When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the ... SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, ... or am I better off with a full SQL Server install. ...
  • Re: OpenDataSource SQL Server xpress problem
    ... I tried your suggestions with some success. ... I tried setting up the .odc file through the Word Mail Merge wizard as ... If I work through the dialog to connect and then click the 'Test Connection' ... but I suspect it's because until recently most SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Exception trying to import data from Excel .
    ... An attempt to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 this week has not gone ... The connection type "EXCEL" specified for connection manager ... to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)