User objects cannot be created in the specified container

Hi,

I am using ActiveDirectoryProvider to authenticate users (AD). If I
point my provider to the root of AD every thing works fine.

If I point the provider to a CN which has a group of users under a
nested container under root I am getting the following error.

Root --> OU1--> OU12--> CN

My connection is pointing to the CN.

"User objects cannot be created in the specified container"

I tried reflect over the AD provider and found that the provider is
failing at the following method,

DirectoryAttribute objectClass =
response.Entries[0].Attributes["objectClass"];
if (!this.ContainerIsSuperiorOfUser(objectClass))
{
throw new
ProviderException(SR.GetString("ADMembership_Container_not_superior"));
}
Is there a problem with configuration of AD?

Thanks,
chand

  • To CNG or not CNG, that is the question...
    ... For example if the Root CA uses the "RSA#Microsoft Software Key Storage ... Provider", but the subordinate issuing CA uses the "Microsoft Strong ... and also have another Issuing CA that uses a newer CNG provider for the newer ...
  • Re: What is the value of Sharepoint in a standard hosted plan?
    ... >You can extend a blank site to your root and use static HTML or web parts to ... Another provider I talked to implements Sharepoint and the webspace on ... Is my logic correct? ...
  • Re: Does sshd have to be run by root?
    ... > We are putting a pair of Sun machines into a managed hosting environment. ... > The provider will not permit us to have root access on an ongoing basis. ... The biggest gotcha is the provider himself. ... Running the sshd as a non-root user can be done, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)