Re: Stream pdf to browser

Hi Rick,

Will it work if you directly access that separate aspx page to display the
pdf document?

Also, you can use Response.End instead of Flush to close the response
stream. Here is the test page code I used which work correctly on my side.
You can also have a test against it:

========================
Partial Class vb_FilePage
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

RenderFile()

End Sub

Protected Sub RenderFile()

Dim filename As String
filename = Request.QueryString("fn")

Dim buffer As Byte()

buffer = GetPDFBuffer(filename)

Response.ClearHeaders()
Response.ClearContent()

Response.AddHeader("content-disposition",
"attachment;filename=YourReport.pdf")

Response.End()

End Sub

End Class

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

  • Re: Stream pdf to browser
    ... If it is set to "inline" that's causing the problem, but is there a way to ... Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ... Dim filename As String ... Dim buffer As Byte ...
  • Re: Is there a way to keep the StreamWriter open?
    ... Partial Class _Default ... Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ... Dim FILENAME As String = ... Dim objStreamWriter As StreamWriter ...
  • Is there a way to keep the StreamWriter open?
    ... Partial Class _Default ... Protected Sub Page_LoadHandles Me.Load ... Dim FILENAME As String = ... Dim objStreamWriter As StreamWriter ...