Re: Forms Authentication & Windows Authentication

On 28 Feb, 07:18, "Joe Kaplan"
<joseph.e.kap...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Set the Credentials property on the web service proxy client object to a
NetworkCredential object that contains the username and password you
collected. You may also need the domain name.

Joe K.

Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--"Stormbringer" <Stormbrin...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I have a .NET 2.0 web app that usesforms authenticationto get around an
issue with FireFox. FireFox will allow you to save the username/pass and
this
is a SOX no no.

The objects in the web application call a Windows Authenticated web
service.
I do have the username and password so I can create a WindowsIdentity
object.
Question is, how do I get that to the web serivce?

Or is there a better way to do this? I tried WSE 3.0 but the logic in the
business logic gets very messy.

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

If user is already logged in you can use the session cookie as
authentication to your web service using the
YourWebService.CookieContainer

see more here
http://www.dotnetbips.com/articles/dbd724e9-78f0-4a05-adfb-190d151103b2.aspx

hth
AndersR

  • error from federation server proxy
    ... the application is not opening and going to federation server ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: LDIFDE Error when trying to change passwords.
    ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... The -h adds the encryption. ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services ... command or the bind command as I am not sure how to use them. ...
  • Re: Integrated Windows Authentication Timeout?
    ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... long as they are all on the same account. ... SPN exists on the account that is running the service. ...
  • Re: Domain registration requirement in federated web sso with fore
    ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... We have some applications, written in non microsoft languages like Java, ... internet, then the DNS entries for the resources will need to be ...
  • Re: LDAPS connection error on 636
    ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... No suitable default server credential exists on this system. ... The cert s issued from VeriSign and I instaled per the directionsof the ...