SSL with ASP & ASP.NET

Hi all -

We have a site that is largely ASP but we've begun moving pieces of
the site over to .NET (C#). There exists a certificate for the
website that works perfectly for the ASP based pages, but does not
react the same way for the .NET pages. When I enter the url https://<mysite>.asp
it displays the security notice and the lock is displayed at the
bottom. When I try the same thing with any .NET pages (such as
https://<mysite>.aspx) I get the security alert stating I am about to
view pages over a secure connection, and then immediately after I
click OK I get another security alert stating I am about to leave a
secure Internet connection and it takes me right back to http://
<mysite>.aspx.

I've searched around and the only thing that I found is that there may
be permission based issues with the ASPNET account not having access
to the certificate.

I've tried programmatically forcing to https (by redirecting) and that
just causes an endless loop because of the same issue above.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jeff

  • Re: Website locks up when viewing certificate in IIS 5.
    ... you might want report to MS about this. ... > You mean to tell me all your .asp pages pop right up while ... > you have this View Certificate window open? ... > I just installed a whole new web site with a certificate I ...
  • Re: Website locks up when viewing certificate in IIS 5.
    ... How do you export and re-import the certificate? ... >> you have this View Certificate window open? ... >> this site, and try to pull up any .asp page, regardless ... I couldn't recreate that problem once ...
  • Re: Problem with client certificates after upgrade
    ... There is some issue with the actual format of Certificate returned ... > application (ASP, not ASP:NET) that uses client certificates. ... > the public key and checks in the database for that public key. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Website locks up when viewing certificate in IIS 5.
    ... > You mean to tell me all your .asp pages pop right up while ... > you have this View Certificate window open? ... > I just installed a whole new web site with a certificate I ... > person tell me it is a bug with IIS 5, ...
  • Re: Sending form info to .asp page doesnt work
    ... into a certificate (FP custom confirmation form set up to ... so I thought I'd try you kind folks. ... >What does the ASP page do with the forms post data? ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)