Re: Preventing Image Bandwidth Theft

Med schreef:
Hi,

Is there a way to detect in asp.net if images are hot-linked from another websites? I intend to create a default image and serve that image instead of the image requested from another website?

I can think of following techniques (but they're not 100% reliable)

- Check if a HTTP_REFERER header exists, and if it's value is an URL in your website.

- Check if a cookie is present (the cookie should be generated on all the pages in your website).

--
Tim Van Wassenhove <url:http://www.timvw.be/>

  • Re: ANA wesbite problem - I need the forums assistance
    ... This request is only allowed to be processed through the ANA website ... You may want to try accessing the money.org dealer directory from a ... Or you may want to try using an alternate Internet Browser. ... Sounds like a cookie problem I had no problems getting on and they left ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: How to logon and post this to a web form
    ... > to interface with a website. ... > Host: www.betfair.com ... > Connection: Keep-Alive ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: ANA wesbite problem - I need the forums assistance
    ... > What is so interesting is I was able to access their website after the ... > I've done the cookie cleaning, temp files, history, included all reference ... You may want to try accessing the money.org dealer directory from a ... Or you may want to try using an alternate Internet Browser. ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: Semi OT computer quesion
    ... It sounds like a cookie problem. ... Either reauthenticate yourself to the website (this may simply involve ... responding to an email)or use a newsreader program. ... Despite what some idiots claim, usenet is not a website ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Create and use a cookie for a website in PHP?
    ... advanced Http client, but Indy isn't limited to Http. ... > I use VB.NET to create a soft which POST data in a website writed ... > After, I must use this cookie to post, to naviguate in this site. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)