RE: Better security

Hello Dave,

Based on the nature of the question you mentioned, it is somewhat a pure
security & cryptography question.

I'm not sure the exact application code logic in your scenario(such as the
front end, backend and intermediate's processing on data and the user/role
based security strategry), would you further explain it? For example, how
will the three users(A,B,C) work in your application(or in different
application tier).

Generally, for symmetric cryptography, a key problem is the key
distribution and key management. Only the sender and receiver should own
the key. For example, if A and B want to exhange data through symmetric
data encryption, only A,B will share a key. And if they want to let a 3rd
party(such as user C) to maintain the data, then, they should offer C the
encrypted data(rather than plain text).

Please feel free to let me know your actual requirement and concerns.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

  • Re: encryption
    ... Access data encryption is at the database level. ... > type of encrption available in an Access mdb database? ... > company's security gestapo are asking awkward questions. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Access Oracle with JDBC through OCI
    ... I found that the jdbc thin driver from Oracle supports data encryption ... and security with some property settings in the datasource. ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)