Re: IsInRole methid is not working as expected
- From: Dominick Baier <dbaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 10:28:47 +0000 (UTC)
Should work - you can use this page for troubleshooting:
Dominick Baier (http://www.leastprivilege.com)
I created a local group on server and added my self to that group.
I am using the following code in my web page to check the membership
of the loggedin user against the Windows group on the same server.
User.IsInRole(@'MachineName\groupName') . The above always return me
false. If i restart my machine then this returns true. Any clue why?
MachineName - is same as the server name on which the code is being
Windows Authentication is enabled and i checked the User.Identity and
that is coming correct and as expected. Subsequently i want to extend
this to check for some thing like DOMAIN\WINDOWSGROUP.
Thanks in advance.
- Prev by Date: Example of authentication code needed
- Next by Date: Re: IsInRole methid is not working as expected
- Previous by thread: Example of authentication code needed
- Next by thread: Re: IsInRole methid is not working as expected