Re: How to login with https

as far as i know, a http url and a https url are treated separately by internet browsers in terms of sessions and cookies. you could do a Response.Redirect from your https login page to a http page, passing in some token value in the querystring to verify that the login was successful, and then you could re-authenticate the client on the http connection. hope this works for you.
tim

"ad" <flying@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e9cNE%23VIHHA.4068@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have used asp.net to develop asp.net application.
I want to use https with login page, the others with http.
How can I do?

  • Re: "hash" doce
    ... the standard HTTP url schema dosn't include the "hash" ... the serverside web service have no idea of the "hash" parameter no matter ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Internet Explorer URL parsing vulnerabi lity
    ... The HTTP URL scheme is used to designate Internet resources ... The HTTP protocol is specified elsewhere. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: MS announces change in IE behavior
    ... the RFC specification says that http authentication is not ... The HTTP URL scheme is used to designate Internet resources ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: ASP.Net 2.0 menu control causing non-secure dialog
    ... >>Why do I get this dialog when hovering over the menu? ... > Are there any images being pulled from an http URL instead of an https ...
  • Elementary security questions
    ... easy to ensure that the login process was handled entirely over SSL, ... converting a request for the login page made via http into a request ... In my JSP ...