Re: Windows Auth Problem

Hi Walter,

Thank you for the reply. I had already tested a very simple page using
User.Identity.Name. I changed it to do exactly as you've indicated and I get
the same behavior. IE is also set as indicated. I also get the same
behavior with Firefox. I've tried this on three different machines--one XP
and two Server 2003--browsing locally (localhost) as well as remotely and
get the same result.

Here's a funny twist: I just tested this code on a Virtual PC session that
is not on the domain; it's in a workgroup. It worked as expected and
properly recognized me and displayed my local machine username. So I'm
wondering if there's some Active Directory setting that is incorrect. Is
that possible?

John

"Walter Wang [MSFT]" <wawang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi John,

If you're using IE and IE's security setting is set correctly (IE Options:
Advanced/Security: (check) Enable Integrated Windows Authentication), this
should work out-of-box.

I've just tested it on my side using a simple web application:

web.config:

<system.web>
</authentication>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
<identity impersonate="true"/>

Default.aspx.cs:

{
Response.Write(Request.LogonUserIdentity.Name);
}

It should print out current user's logon name when viewed in IE.

If your settings are correct, would you please create a simple web site
like above and test it? Thanks.