Give ASPNET Write access to registry key programatically

This seems like a pretty straightforward question, but I can't seem to find
anything useful.

I know ASPNET (or NETWORK SERVICE) does not have registry write access by
default. so I need to give it to it programatically.

Dose anyone know how can I give full access to a specific user account
(actually the one running my Web app. Wich account, is another question) to
a specific registry key? I need to create different subkeys in my web app.

I want to do this in a vsinstaller custom action, so I believe the user
running this code will have adminstrator privileges.

.... I'm running a little bit desperate here.

Thanks in advance.

I'm using ASPNET, VB.NET, VS2003 (.NET 1.1.4322)

--
Not an MCSDE, MVP, MCDE, MSFT or WTF
Not a single certification, besides my degree.

  • Re: manual FBreseal question
    ... value from the registry - cloning process or fbreseal or something else. ... I suggest you to check if switching to a different shell application works on your image before you reseal the image. ... that allowed the administrator to use the explorer shell to run our software ... Account, User Account, and Explorer Shell components in my configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: manual FBreseal question
    ... right after changing CURRENT_USER in the registry. ... my user shell lauched my company software with no problem. ... The first batch file is run after logon as administrator when the system ... Account, User Account, and Explorer Shell components in my configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • XP keeps hanging - update
    ... I have tried chkdsk from 'my computer' right click etc and selected both ... still using the registry during log off. ... This is often caused by services running as a user account, ... >> Have tried safe mode and going back to a restore point. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: XP keeps hanging - update
    ... > "IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network ... > still using the registry during log off. ... > This is often caused by services running as a user account, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: XP keeps hanging/wont start up - Help!