Re: Windows Integrated Authentication not working

Hi,

you don't need the role provider for windows auth - how do you access the site? using the fully qualified domain name, like www.server.local??

dominick

Greetings,

I am attempting to set up my intranet application with Windows
Integrated Authentication. I will provide the specifics below, but
essentially my problem is that whenever users attempt to pull up my
site, they are being prompted for credentials.

The site is being hosted on a Windows 2K3 server with IIS6.
The server is part of the enterprise domain.
My company uses active directory and all users are in the group
"users"
There is not a proxy between the users and this particular server.
The application is currently sitting in the wwwroot folder, this will
be changed later.
The site is not allowing anonymous access.
I have selected Integrated Windows Authentication as the
authentication
method.
My web config currently looks like this:

<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<identity impersonate="true" />
<roleManager enabled="true"
defaultProvider="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" />
<authorization>
<allow roles="MYCOMPANY\__Public" />
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>
A few questions, am I missing a setting somewhere? Is it necessary to
use Role manager when select Windows Integrated Authentication? What
others settings can I check?

Thanks very much for any help

  • Re: Integrated Authentication from XP
    ... I know you say that other versions of windows can access the server, ... Windows integration supposedly does not work through firewalls, ... > However - I use ISA Server to re-direct to this web site under certain ... > Conversation: Integrated Authentication from XP ...
  • Re: Access denied to Forms using Windows Vista
    ... however I found information in a forum regarding the way IE7 handles the ... in a WSS v3 internal site. ... These forms use Windows Integrated ... handles the Windows Integrated authentication. ...
  • Re: NTLM over the Internet
    ... It's also not recommended because 1) windows integrated authentication is ... and 2) it only works for IE and only on Windows. ... The reason given is that ntlm ... I've setup a test server using ntlm over ...
  • Windows Integrated Authentication not working
    ... I am attempting to set up my intranet application with Windows ... I will provide the specifics below, ... The server is part of the enterprise domain. ... use Role manager when select Windows Integrated Authentication? ...
  • Re: Authentication window in SPS despite the user is registered
    ... thxs. ... Is the virtual server configured to use Windows Integrated Authentication? ... ANS: Yes, only is checked "Integrated Windows authentication" ...