Re: Windows Integrated Authentication not working
- From: Dominick Baier <dbaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:05:29 +0000 (UTC)
you don't need the role provider for windows auth - how do you access the site? using the fully qualified domain name, like www.server.local??
I am attempting to set up my intranet application with Windows
Integrated Authentication. I will provide the specifics below, but
essentially my problem is that whenever users attempt to pull up my
site, they are being prompted for credentials.
The site is being hosted on a Windows 2K3 server with IIS6.
The server is part of the enterprise domain.
My company uses active directory and all users are in the group
There is not a proxy between the users and this particular server.
The application is currently sitting in the wwwroot folder, this will
be changed later.
The site is not allowing anonymous access.
I have selected Integrated Windows Authentication as the
My web config currently looks like this:
<identity impersonate="true" />
<allow roles="MYCOMPANY\__Public" />
A few questions, am I missing a setting somewhere? Is it necessary to
use Role manager when select Windows Integrated Authentication? What
others settings can I check?
Thanks very much for any help
- Prev by Date: Re: Why is this method requesting these permissions?
- Next by Date: Windows Integrated Authentication not working
- Previous by thread: Re: how to use <authorization>
- Next by thread: Windows Integrated Authentication not working