RE: Windows authentication - get prompted

Hello Dave,

Based on the issue description, I think the problem could be caused by the
following things:

** You use integrated windows authentication in IIS(of your asp.net
application's virtual directory)

** the Applciation virtual directory has allowed anonymous access.

When developing through VS 2005 integrated testserver, it automatically
running under your logon user. However, when under IIS, if you allow
anonymous, the client user(browser side)'s account won't be passed to
server and when your appilcation's authorization reject the access, it
prompt for user credential.

You can check in the IIS to verify this, if there is any other finding or
question ,please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

  • Re: IIS logs for Exchange/OMA Access
    ... I restarted IIS and have requested the users to tell me if they have issues. ... Enabled Integrated Windows authentication ... Uncheck Enable anonymous access ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Access denied
    ... No, Anonymous access is disabled, Integrated Windows authentication is ... It's unlikely that restarting the machine would have changed the IIS ... Pls check ur iis settings. ...
  • Re: IIS 6 and Anonymous on Windows Server 2003
    ... Enable security logon auditing event. ... It has anonymous access enabled on the default website and NOT ... integrated windows authentication. ... It worked out of the box on Windows 2000 and IIS 5. ...
  • 403.1 and Integrated Windows Authentication
    ... First of all let me thank Jerry III for correctly identifying why IIS 6.0 ... was rejecting my attempts to use Integrated Windows Authentication. ... I created a registry file which modifies the ... their settings for them. ...
  • RE: IIS Integrated Windows Authentication problem
    ... to "Show friendly HTTP error messages." ... Make sure that all the accounts have the "Access this computer from the ... > - After extensive searching in the IIS logs, ... >>to Integrated Windows Authentication only. ...