RE: Windows authentication - get prompted
- From: stcheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 07:22:59 GMT
Based on the issue description, I think the problem could be caused by the
** You use integrated windows authentication in IIS(of your asp.net
application's virtual directory)
** the Applciation virtual directory has allowed anonymous access.
When developing through VS 2005 integrated testserver, it automatically
running under your logon user. However, when under IIS, if you allow
anonymous, the client user(browser side)'s account won't be passed to
server and when your appilcation's authorization reject the access, it
prompt for user credential.
You can check in the IIS to verify this, if there is any other finding or
question ,please feel free to let me know.
Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
- Prev by Date: RE: Limiting num users - Windows Identity
- Next by Date: impersonation problem
- Previous by thread: IIS and network
- Next by thread: RE: Windows authentication - get prompted