IIS and network

I work in win2k. The web site which I design now has part of virtual folders allocted at other pc. I put attention that to have ability to brows these folders in IIS I need to provide user A with appropriate credentials.

When I run asp code and try to open file from such folder, I get error 'wrong user or password'. Small research show that I run web page as anonimous user. On the tab security of properties of web site i tryed to identify anonimous user with user A. But this changed nothing.

The question is how I can change user name or change credential of user? I am looking for code which will work in asp and asp.net

Aleks Kleyn

  • Re: active directory
    ... > and stores it on shared folders (or mapped drives) on the server. ... > What we want to develop is an intranet web site that acts as a friendly ... > drives they have access to) based on the user permissions. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.components)
  • Re: frontpage discussion web
    ... Expand the tree untill your website is visible, ... Right click the web site and choose ... check the box for Anonymouse Access. ... The rest is going to be permissions on the discussion's folders. ...
  • Re: ASP.Net horrow story and questions...
    ... I did, however, notice that the files on the workstation are not being ... folders are being created. ... >Web Server: ... In IIS Manager on Web Server create a new Web Site ...
  • Re: Cannot access certain sites like Google, Hotmail
    ... > www.google.com or log into my hotmail on my laptop at home. ... where the x's are an ip address or a web site. ... remove the entry. ... You may have to unhide files and folders in your Folder ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IIS 5.1 WWW and FTP
    ... >I am planning to run a personal web site on a broadband connection at home. ... I also cleared all files and folders installed by ... >property sheets for www and ftp sites. ... Assuming you've properly applied all the security fixes and patches, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)