RE: Issue with X509Certificate2 (works with Cassini, fails with IIS)
- From: stcheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
- Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 02:55:36 GMT
Yes, as you've found out, this is a security permission issue.
Actually, the problem is due to the different process/security model of
Casinni(VS 2005 test server) or IIS based ASP.NET web application.
** For IIS hosted ASP.NET applications, the worker process is running under
the ASP.NET worker process account. Default one is machine\ASPNET(for IIS5)
or NetworkService(for IIS6). These services account are not powerful
**While using the VS 2005 test server(cassini), it is actually a .net
winform application, so the ASP.NET application hosted in testServer is
running under the current logon user account which is always a powerful
user account, so you will bypass many security issue under this condition.
Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
- Prev by Date: Re: Web Service Security
- Next by Date: Re: Web Service Security
- Previous by thread: Web Service Security
- Next by thread: RoleProvider for AD Group membership