Re: Should I use Membership and Roles in ASP.NET 2.0

Use a stored procedure?? Or a trigger?

Either support transactions..

Jeff

"msnews.microsoft.com" <abc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello All,

I did a lot of reading on this new feature from Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0, but
I ran into a design problem. In my project the user information contains
much more information then the information shown in the default membership
and roles tables that are installed with SQL server.

Therefore I need to link Asp_Tables to my own tables, but then I have an
issue with transactions, if I delete a user, I need to delete all the User
information in my tables as well, and that needs to be protected around a
transaction. I don't want to use System.Transaction because my
transactions will be promoted to DTC.

I wonder if there is an elegant solution for this, so I can use ASP.NET
membership and roles, but yet be able to have additional User information
and keep everything protected.

At this point I am starting to think that implementing my own Form
Authentication is simply the way to go, using my tables with my design.

  • Should I use Membership and Roles in ASP.NET 2.0
    ... ran into a design problem. ... In my project the user information contains much ... issue with transactions, if I delete a user, I need to delete all the User ... membership and roles, but yet be able to have additional User information ...
  • Re: Transactions and ASP.NET Membership
    ... so you're just talking about implementing a custom my own provider. ... >> I'm using ASP.NET membership but need to store some additional data ... > add your own logic for transactions and whatever you want. ... In what way would I extend the membership provided? ...
  • Re: Application logic and Business logic
    ... >> similar with RDBMSs, message queues, Jini services, and SAP. ... > I have a problem with transactions implemented as objects. ... The scope concept also handles distributed ... techniques will help with that design problem. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: Transactions and ASP.NET Membership
    ... I'd really like to use transactions to ensure all tables get updates ... have a rollback also rollback tasks performed by ASP.NET membership. ... I indicated Profiles don't look like a good fit for me. ...
  • Re: Transactions and ASP.NET Membership
    ... I'd really like to use transactions to ensure all tables get updates ... have a rollback also rollback tasks performed by ASP.NET membership. ... You can always extend the Membership provider by extending the ...