Re: unable to execute dos commands through web application

Why would you do this? Typically, you an adminstrator would install an
assembly into the GAC when the app is deployed. You generally don't need to
do this from the web application itself.

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Arjun" <Arjun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Problem definition:: Register a .dll assembly into GAC(\windows\assembly)
through web application

I have a code which works fine with web application before
deployment(Without IIS), But the same code doesn't work when the web
application is ran through IIS(Without errorthe code executes but it
fail
to run Command "gacutil" ).

I have NTFS partition on my PC and Windows server 2003 running..

It may be due to NTFS security
PLease let me if u know. I have try lot to get it done but couldn't
succeed....

I am greatfull to u
Thanks in advance

  • Re: Service Connection Point (SCP) Best Practices
    ... As I said in my reply on another group, there is a significant precedent for applications automatically adding SPNs to the directory in order to support Kerberos authentication. ... I do think it is important to log the change and document somewhere that your app does this. ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: Identity issue
    ... Ask the applications to use AD for authentication instead? ... factors and will vary from app to app. ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: Web Single Sign On
    ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... current Windows credentials to the server, ... This common identity is the user's username used to logon to the ...
  • Re: Changing ADAM user password
    ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... Running the bind from another W2K3SP1 machine ... support in digest or something like that. ...
  • Re: SignOn Problem during Team Foundation WebTest Playback
    ... That sounds likely to me (the query string parameters). ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...