Re: login control and custom db

you can simply handle the Authenticate event and set e.Authenticated to your authentication outcome.

---
Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

I'm creating an ASP.NET 2.0 web application. I want to use the login
control to validate users using my existing SQL 2005 database (stores
username, password, and role)

The documentation seems to want me to create this new aspnet db and
use roles and memberships.

Can I simply use my own database along with the login control?

  • Re: MSI unable to start the SQL instance service
    ... the cluster service. ... Senior Database Administrator ... Microsoft SQL Server MVP ... one node at a time and then only under the control and direction of the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: SQL 2005 express security issue
    ... At a remote location where you do not control the rights granted on the server, there is nothing you can do about this. ... If your application and the remote user log in with accounts that are not sysadmins then you can protect databases, tables, stored procedures, etc. ... However, within a database there are other roles that, if granted, give sweeping rights. ... We just revamp our application from Access to use SQL Express 2005 as database engine, which is a standalone application running on client PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: SQL Injection with JDBC
    ... DATABASE, where it belongs. ... if you don't know you should not be replying, but for you, "Sql injection" ... it brings central control to the data repository. ... indeed does not the example code use a prepared statement? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Need Expert Help and Advice. Thank You.
    ... Which data type should I use in the SQL 2005 database ... For example, an integer, a control definition, a class, etc. ... For example data type, etc. ...
  • IsBinding set to false after EndEdit()
    ... I am writing a hopefully very simple database application that uses SQL ... When this line (CancelEdit) is executed the form textbox control ... "editrequest" retains the original value of that control as intended. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)