Re: Performance issues With Impersonation and Delegation

I'm back to looking at this issue. Joe, you seem to be correct. I am seeing
no traffic on port 88.
I enabled Kerberos logging on the web service server and now for every web
service call I can see an event about about assigning special priviliges to
the new login (presumably this is the impersonation?) followed by an NTLM
authentication event.
So, the question is, how do I get Kerberos authentication to take precedence
aver NTLM authentication? Do I need to set other parameters on the web
service or do I need to make some changes to the client code? All I do at
the moment on the client is set the Url property of the Web Service proxy
and then the Credentials property to
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials or DefaultNetworkCredentials
(both seem to create identical network traffic).
Thanks
Bill W.

  • RE: Form Security and WebService
    ... it has to do with the fact that you have a membership store in SQL ... that uses windows authentication). ... call the SharePoint web service to provision the user. ...
  • Re: Problem When Calling Web Method Of Web Service From Pocket PC 2003.
    ... > NTLM Authentication is not supported in the CF. ... > Now that I have changed the Web site and Web Service to use Digest ... >> Alex Feinman ... a Desktop application and a Pocket PC 2003 application. ...
  • Re: Active Directory authorization
    ... AD should be fine as a source for authentication for your web service. ... The easiest way to use AD for authentication is to just use the transport layer authentication schemes built in to IIS. ... For app level authorization, I'd suggest checking out Microsoft's Authorization Manager framework. ... every applications. ...
  • Re: Problem When Calling Web Method Of Web Service From Pocket PC 2003.
    ... > The CF application will be able to support basic authentication only. ... >> When the Web site and Web Service application are set to allow Anonymous ... >> application and a Pocket PC 2003 application. ... >> Private Sub CallHelloWorld() ...
  • Re: Problem When Calling Web Method Of Web Service From Pocket PC 2003.
    ... The CF application will be able to support basic authentication only. ... > When the Web site and Web Service application are set to allow Anonymous ... > Imports System.Net ... > Private Sub CallHelloWorld() ...