Re: Custom providor help

Remember that the security context is different - of course everything works in the built-in server because you are running it as admin (i assume).

IIS has a different security context - ASPNET for IIS5.x and NETWORK SERVICE (by default) on IIS6.

Make sure these accounts have access to whatever resource you are trying to access.

---
Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

dear all
I have created a custom MembershipProvider but if I run it from the
built in
server of the .net 2.0 every thing goes well and if I try to run it
from the
localhost using the same username and password it wont Authenticate me
any
ideas
thanks

  • Re: Queries in regards Intranet Security.
    ... Use Integrated Windows Auth at IIS. ... > which are mapped in IIS or for resources accessed by those ... > Question - Why can't I enable impersonation for the web ... > My Question 4 - Why the impersonated security context will ...
  • Re: Queries in regards Intranet Security.
    ... Use Integrated Windows Auth at IIS. ... > which are mapped in IIS or for resources accessed by those ... > Question - Why can't I enable impersonation for the web ... > My Question 4 - Why the impersonated security context will ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • CreateProcessAsUser - How to get User Token
    ... There is an option for the IIS in the web-server to run images in the ... security context of the user who is logged-on in the machine where the ... This virtual directory in machine B contains a simple ".cgi" ... The IIS executes it under the context of "mayash". ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • CreateProcessAsUser - How to get User Token
    ... There is an option for the IIS in the web-server to run images in the ... security context of the user who is logged-on in the machine where the ... This virtual directory in machine B contains a simple ".cgi" ... The IIS executes it under the context of "mayash". ...
    (comp.programming)
  • CreateProcessAsUser - How to get User Token
    ... There is an option for the IIS in the web-server to run images in the ... security context of the user who is logged-on in the machine where the ... This virtual directory in machine B contains a simple ".cgi" ... The IIS executes it under the context of "mayash". ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)