Re: LogonUser Access Denied

which OS?

before XP/2k3 LogonUser needed basically SYSTEM privileges...

---
Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

I'm also having problems with impersonation. Or rather, I'm not quite
getting that far.

I need to be able to manually authenticate users. However, every
attempt to make the Win32 call to LogonUser returns an "Access Denied"
exception.

I've attempted this from both web and windows forms apps, with
identical results. I've tried demanding full trust to no effect.

I'm running the 2.0 framework.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

  • Re: Securing static files
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... they are kicked back to the login page. ... The user may log in with other credentials. ...
  • Re: How to determine if the logged on user is in a group
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... I found that you to reboot the SERVER after you create a new group and put users in it so that the new group and the users appear in the whoami list on the server. ... although he is a member of these groups. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: HOWTO: Prevent Dynamic Loading of internal Types
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... Henning Krause ... I could get the public key from the entry assembly via ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: How to call Web Service Securely
    ... which .net version - which type of authentication (username/password against a db??) ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... make a web method via dialup to my IIS Web Service. ...
  • Re: ASP.NET 2.0 Authorization Roles..Got Solution.
    ... the only difference is see with the provider and a normal WindowsPrincipal is, that the machine name for local groups gets stipped out. ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... I never used WindowsTokenRoleProvider earlier. ...