Since your book isn't out yet, could you send me some code or point me
to an article on this?

"Dominick Baier" wrote:

There are basically two models -

#1one is to have a separate "start page" for Windows users - this
page will convert the Windows credentials (and groups) to a FormsAuth
ticket and redirect to your main app. All security will be forms
based then.

#2 A second approach involves injecting code into the pipeline (and
reordering some of the modules) to enable this scenario.

For existing applications #1 is often easier.

I describe both approaches here [0]. #2 is too much code and plumbing
to post here.

If #1 is feasible for you i can walk you through the steps.

Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
I have an ASP.NET application that is used remotely (over the
internet) by our clients that uses Forms authentication and the
usernames/passwords are stored in the database. I need to integrate
Windows authentication with the existing Forms authentication so
that our employees (on the intranet) can use the same application
with requiring username/password.

I've seen a suggestion of having two seperate copies of the app
hosted, one accessed locally with Windows authentication and the
other remotely with Forms authentication. But, I would rather have
one server/site do both.

There must be a way to do this, and I don't know why this support
wasn't built into ASP.NET 2.0 out of the box. Does anyone have any
suggestions/examples of doing Mixed Mode Authentication in ASP.NET

Relevant Pages

  • Re: form authentication and webservices
    ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... We will be using Windows Authentication on the Web Services side (same ... Dominick Baier ...
  • Re: ActiveDirectory authentication - more issues
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... I have ActiveDirectory authentication working but have a couple ... I do not get a WindowsIdentity but instead a FormsIdentity. ...
  • Re: About ASP.Net Impersonation
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... authenticated with integrated Windows auth, you need to properly configure Kerberos delegation. ... Our app needs to access other servers from our IIS servers. ...
  • Re: XML Webservice authentication
    ... so you have a web application which already does authentication using forms and on some pages you call a webservice..? ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... technology, the only solution I can see is to use cookies, but I am ...
  • Re: Restricted permission on subfolder
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... I have a intranet website with one unrestricted part (root) and one part in a subfolder which only could be used by some users. ... root I have anonymous users and Integrated Windows Authentication ...