Re: MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy

Ah, I see. That is a bit of a PITA. It sounds like you are building an
extranet scenario or something (some users in AD, some in ADAM, integrated
in ADAM via bind proxies and simple bind).

I wish I could help more with this, but I don't know what you need to do.
However, I do know the providers are designed to be inherited from, so
perhaps you can do that and just modify the piece you need via an override.

You might also consider using reflector and the file disassembler plugin to
reverse engineer the existing one so you can easily recompile a small mod.
Might save you some time (if overriding isn't an option).

Best of luck!

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
<Lancelot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thank you Joe,
That helps to know that I am rigth... sometimes. :-)

I like your solution but in our solution we want to use both user and
userProxy. I have already started working on an ADAM membership
provider... If you have any pointers I'd be more than happy to listen.

Thank you

-Martin

"Joe Kaplan" <joseph.e.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I haven't looked at the code in the provider to know if there is something
easy you could just override to make this work, but one thing that did
occur to me is that you could just rename the userProxy class to user and
change user to something else in ADAM. It would be confusing, but it
would probably work. :)

Joe K.

Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services
Programming"
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
<Lancelot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello,
I finally got my POC to work. I have some users in ADAM and I can
browse and validate using the Membership provider... Cool!!!!

Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, my provider
does not see it. After doing much reseach (googling is the new term) I
think I understand why. The AD Membership provider looks for user class,
not userProxy class. That make sense.... still how can I see/manage my
users.

Unless someone has a miracle cure for this, I'll have to write my own
member ship provider for ADAM.

All comments are welcome.

-Martin

  • MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy
    ... Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, my provider ... The AD Membership provider looks for user class, ...
  • Re: MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy
    ... I haven't looked at the code in the provider to know if there is something ... I have some users in ADAM and I can browse ... Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, ... The AD Membership provider looks for user class, ...
  • Re: Group Authentication against ADAM using WSS v3 provider model.
    ... Do you remember what role provider you were using when this was working, ... ADAM) for membership and SQL for roles, ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ...
  • Re: ADAM schema design
    ... I've never played with groupOfNames, but I thought I'd point out that ADAM ... groups are not Windows security principals and have no effect on Windows ... might be able to get nested group membership via tokenGroups. ...
  • Re: AD LDS - Available for Windows XP?
    ... recursive group membership expansion for users. ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... We use ADAM extensively as ... since you can't install either on Vista. ...