Re: MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy

I haven't looked at the code in the provider to know if there is something
easy you could just override to make this work, but one thing that did occur
to me is that you could just rename the userProxy class to user and change
user to something else in ADAM. It would be confusing, but it would
probably work. :)

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
<Lancelot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello,
I finally got my POC to work. I have some users in ADAM and I can browse
and validate using the Membership provider... Cool!!!!

Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, my provider
does not see it. After doing much reseach (googling is the new term) I
think I understand why. The AD Membership provider looks for user class,
not userProxy class. That make sense.... still how can I see/manage my
users.

Unless someone has a miracle cure for this, I'll have to write my own
member ship provider for ADAM.

All comments are welcome.

-Martin

  • Re: Group Authentication against ADAM using WSS v3 provider model.
    ... Do you remember what role provider you were using when this was working, ... ADAM) for membership and SQL for roles, ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ...
  • MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy
    ... Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, my provider ... The AD Membership provider looks for user class, ...
  • Re: ADAM and IIS auth
    ... Thanks Joe. ... I'll let you know if we need the role provider - hopefully not. ... if you really want to do Windows basic auth and use domain ... provide one for ADAM. ...
  • Re: MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy
    ... in ADAM via bind proxies and simple bind). ... I have already started working on an ADAM membership ... browse and validate using the Membership provider... ... Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, ...
  • MembershipProvider and ADAM
    ... I am trying to find the simplest way to work with ADAM ... and I have discovered the MembershipProvider class.... ... I try to get the membership provider like so: ... "Unable to establish secure connection with the ...