MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy

Hello,
I finally got my POC to work. I have some users in ADAM and I can browse
and validate using the Membership provider... Cool!!!!

Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, my provider
does not see it. After doing much reseach (googling is the new term) I think
I understand why. The AD Membership provider looks for user class, not
userProxy class. That make sense.... still how can I see/manage my users.

Unless someone has a miracle cure for this, I'll have to write my own
member ship provider for ADAM.

All comments are welcome.

-Martin

  • Re: MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy
    ... in ADAM via bind proxies and simple bind). ... I have already started working on an ADAM membership ... browse and validate using the Membership provider... ... Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, ...
  • Re: MembershipProvider, ADAM and userProxy
    ... I haven't looked at the code in the provider to know if there is something ... I have some users in ADAM and I can browse ... Except that if I have a user of userProxy class in ADAM, ... The AD Membership provider looks for user class, ...
  • Re: Defining Groups with AD users
    ... For ASP.NET authentication and role based authorization, ... you can configure the membership to use AD ... membership provider and Rolemanager to use SQL server provider. ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
  • Re: Group Authentication against ADAM using WSS v3 provider model.
    ... Do you remember what role provider you were using when this was working, ... ADAM) for membership and SQL for roles, ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ...
  • Re: ADAM schema design
    ... I've never played with groupOfNames, but I thought I'd point out that ADAM ... groups are not Windows security principals and have no effect on Windows ... might be able to get nested group membership via tokenGroups. ...