ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider without storing username and password?
- From: "Karl" <karlmitschke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:12:06 GMT
I am trying to create an ASP login page that authenticates against AD.
Is there any way to setup a connection string in web.config that does not
store a user name and password?
If I do this, it works great, but I need to modify the web.config every time
the password changes:
As everyone who will be logging in is authorized to search AD, I don't see
why I cannot use the login information from the login form?
Does Microsoft really expect me to either use a non expiring password, or
change all my web.config files on password expiration?
- Prev by Date: Forms Authentication Problem
- Next by Date: How to convert string to SecureString?
- Previous by thread: Forms Authentication Problem
- Next by thread: Re: ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider without storing username and password?