Re: Running Process with Current Authenticated User

Hi,

You only have access to the password when you are using basic authentication (which of course pops up the dialog box).

dominick
www.leastprivilege.com

Hello, I am trying to figure out how can I run a process under the
authenticated user's credentials without having to prompt for a
username and password? Is there anyway to allow for pass thru
authentication? I am tying to use the ProcessStartInfo class and I
obviously can get the current user name by using Identity.Name, but
how can I pass the password thru as well of the current user? When
the originally authenticate to the website, is there a way to store
the password safely to pass thru to the process at a later time? I am
fairly new still to ASP programming, so please bear with me if the
solution is simple.

Thanks in advance,
Ron
PS - Posted this in the general ASP forum, sorry for the double post.

  • Re: Running Process with Current Authenticated User
    ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... I am tying to use the ProcessStartInfo class and I ... PS - Posted this in the general ASP forum, ...
  • Re: Default credentials
    ... > comes up on my client site requires NTLM or Basic authentication? ... > a web browser - I assume it must be something they have set up ... If your receive a Dialog asking for your creds with NTLM auth ... credentials of the current security context. ...
  • Re: Default credentials
    ... > comes up on my client site requires NTLM or Basic authentication? ... > a web browser - I assume it must be something they have set up ... If your receive a Dialog asking for your creds with NTLM auth ... credentials of the current security context. ...
  • Re: Default credentials
    ... > comes up on my client site requires NTLM or Basic authentication? ... > a web browser - I assume it must be something they have set up ... If your receive a Dialog asking for your creds with NTLM auth ... credentials of the current security context. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: IIS6 - Integrated Authentication Probs
    ... When you use Basic authentication, ... outlined in Chapter 5 of the IIS 6 Resource Kit: ... > b) - Despite the fact these credentials are being parsed, ... > Hence - this is a general problem with the way the web server is using my ...