Securing client-side javascript

I have a question. Is javascript that is ran 100% on the client-side
and never does any postback/callback to the server hack proof? A user
can open the source code look at it, but is there a way for him to
change it so it does what it isn't supose to do. For example,
you use the javascript to disable/enable buttons on an .aspx page.
Would it be easy for someone to change the javascript to decide which
buttons get enabled/disabled? I know you can use validation on
textboxes to prevent <script></script> to get ran on the client side,
is there any other way though? This is new to me so I look forward to
people's opinions on security for javascript. Thanks,

David

  • Re: [PHP] Numbers, Numbers everywhere! Need some Dollar help.
    ... In my form I have an area where the user enters in the payment amount: ... to put in the dollar AND cents? ... If you want it squarely on the client side, then use javascript. ... client-side via a client-side language like JScript, VBScript, etc. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Need to start over on a project: vb or c#?
    ... development; server-side and client-side. ... The client requires mastery of JavaScript and even more so now with AJAX and ... JavaScript and C# syntax is exactly ... controls right in the declaration. ...
  • What future holds for Javascript? [WAS: Store the answer to a question]
    ... JavaScript - refers to the client-side language used in Gecko ... JScript - refers to the language trademark reserved by Microsoft ... Corporation and latter in Mozilla Foundation, ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: client side vs server side events for controls
    ... Client-side VBScript is not supported by all browsers. ... JavaScript is. ... >>> date when that textbox loses the focus. ...
  • Re: Saving dynamically created data on client side?
    ... do this client-side only, cross-browser/OS. ... the server into a cgi/php, temporarily storing the file on the server. ... scripting at all. ... Prototype.js was written by people who don't know javascript for people ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)