Re: How to log out of asp.net app using Windows Auth NOT Forms Auth

Hi,

See this post on my blog:
http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/archive/2005/04/12/14.aspx

Cheers
Ken

--
My IIS Blog: www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken
Tech.Ed 2006 Boston See you there: Everything the web administrator needs to

"Ed Staffin" <EdStaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi I have a intranet app that is using Windows authentication.
I want to set up a log out procedure that takes them to a page where they
can choose to log back in. In FormsAuth I did this using:
FormsAuthentication.SignOut()
Response.Cookies.Clear()
Session.Abandon()
And if the user chose to log back in I just did:
FormsAuthentication.RedirectToLoginPage()

How can do I do the equivalent of FormsAuthentication.SignOut() when I am
using Windows Authentication? Also, once I make whatever call it is to log
out, will they automatically get a sign in dialog when they subsequently
try
to access a page?
Thanks ... Ed