Re: Need help with ASP.NET website administration tool! - Can't connect to the database when clicked on (AspSqlProvider) test link!

Dominick,
I am not sure if you udnerstood my previous post right. I said that
It doesn't work when I copy pasted the <connecetionString> attribute in
my web.config file. Here it is...
<configuation>
<connectionStrings>
<clear />
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="data
source=DEVI\SQLDM2005;Integrated Security=SSPI;initial
catalog=aspnetdb" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

And the <connectionString> code in the achine.config is as below...

<connectionStrings>
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="data
source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated
Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User
Instance=true" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<!--add name="LocalSqlServer"
connectionString="data source=DEV\SQLDM2005;initial
catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated
Security=SSPI"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />-->

</connectionStrings>

As you clearly see I have commented out the changed connectionstring in
the machine.config file. And the <connectionString> code in my
web.config file as you see on the top, to my understanding should
override the settings in machine.config file. But when I have these
things set up as is it doesn't work. I mean in other words it is not
recongnising the changes in my local web.config file.

Please suggest me how do I do it here.

Thanks
-L

.