Re: Membership custom provider - logout function

hi,

ValidateUser is not a login operation - it validates credentials - and retrurns a boolean according to the outcome of the validation. The membership provider is only an abstraction over a back end data store.

The login control sets the authentication ticket by calling FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie.

To clear the authentication ticket call FormsAuthentication.SignOut.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

I am writing a custom Membership provider for ASP.NET
I have derived from the Membership provider and have supplied my own
method
that work against my security server.
For login operation, for instance, I implemented the
"ValidateUser(name,
password)" function.
I can not, however, find any function that maches the "logout"
operation.
As you may guess, it is a must to implement this function, but - no
trace
for it in the membership provider class.
Please advice
Many thanks
Amitai

  • Membership custom provider - logout function
    ... I am writing a custom Membership provider for ASP.NET ... that work against my security server. ... For login operation, for instance, I implemented the "ValidateUser(name, ...
  • How to use membership provider with login control
    ... I have created a custom Membership Provider, ... I have also set deny users ="?" ... The ValidateUser return true, but it can't redierct to home.aspx. ... How can I use Membership Provider without login control? ...