Event ID: 681
Date: 12/8/2005
Time: 4:21:06 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MACHINE1
The logon to account: ASPNET
by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
from workstation: MACHINE2
failed. The error code was: 3221225578

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 529
Date: 12/8/2005
Time: 4:21:06 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MACHINE1
Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: ASPNET
Domain: MACHINE2
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name: MACHINE2

These events are being logged on MACHINE1. So, why is it trying to
use MACHINE2's ASPNET account? How can I change the account being
used for ASP.NET 2.0 to a network domain account instead so it doesn't
matter what machine is being hit? Is this set via the processModel
section of the machine.config still?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
.