Event ID: 681
Date: 12/8/2005
Time: 4:21:06 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MACHINE1
The logon to account: ASPNET
by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
from workstation: MACHINE2
failed. The error code was: 3221225578

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 529
Date: 12/8/2005
Time: 4:21:06 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MACHINE1
Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: ASPNET
Domain: MACHINE2
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name: MACHINE2

-------------------------

These events are being logged on MACHINE1. So, why is it trying to
use MACHINE2's ASPNET account? How can I change the account being
used for ASP.NET 2.0 to a network domain account instead so it doesn't
matter what machine is being hit? Is this set via the processModel
section of the machine.config still?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

  • Re: Have I been Hacked???????
    ... There is a user account with the name ASPNET ... > and, also, it doesn't have Local logon permission or Terminal Server logon ... > permission; so you shouldn't see it at the logon page. ...
  • Re: Have I been Hacked???????
    ... There is a user account with the name ASPNET ... and, also, it doesn't have Local logon permission or Terminal Server logon ...
  • [EC-SA-01.2003] Windows XP "welcome screen" exposes the names of all the members of the l
    ... logon screen with what is called "Welcome Screen". ... (including the original administrator account, ... Using the "welcome screen" actually disables / ignores the security ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: ATTN : Microsoft - Security Event 529....Second Request for help....
    ... According to the events, the logon ... failure is from the local machine account. ... disconnected from the network. ... Security Event ID 529 is a failure audit for logon/logoff. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows server 2008 R2 freezes
    ... I don't know any free AV for server versions. ... But this can also be used during logon, ... Actually at 11.00 pm the backup was started. ... Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY ...