Re: FileSystemObject Errors

I am actually having a very similiar issue:
Any thoughts would be helpful:

Here's the scenerio:

HAD: Entire Windows 2000 domain multiple servers
Internal Web Server - Windows 2000
NAS Server - Windows 2000

Internal Web Application (On Web server) utilizing ASP scripts to
access shared directories through mapped drives on NAS Server. (And
yes, I know UNC paths should have been used, but I didn't actually
write this, just trying to follow someone else)

UPGRADED: All servers (including Web Server) except NAS Server to
Windows 2003 Server.
NAS Server remained on W2K Server.

PROBLEM: For some reason when ASP scripts are ran on the web server
(2003) they cannot access data on the NAS server (2000). However, they
have no problem accessing local data. ;-/

What special permissions have to be setup on either the 2003 and/or
2000 server to allow access to shared directories via an ASP script.

I'm at the end of my rope on this one, I have researched IIS 5.0 Worker
Process Isolation Mode, which we were in, and I have tried to switch
out of and still no luck. I have checked and re-checked all the NTFS
permissions on the NAS server shared directory and everything that I
believe is supposed to be there is allowed modify access.

OTHER NOTE: It looks like most of the scripts are utilizing one of our
"IUSR_" accounts in the directory security within IIS 6.0 and I have
double-checked the password is correct and that this user is a member
of the IIS_WPG group who incidentally also has NTFS permissions to this
share.

Here is an exact example:

<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<%
Set
fso=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
if fso.fileExists("C:\rt.txt") then
CFile = "C:\rt.txt file found"
else
CFile = "C:\rt.txt file not found"
end if

if fso.fileExists("E:\rt.txt") then
EFile = "E:\rt.txt file found"
else
EFile = "E:\rt.txt file not found"
end if

if fso.fileExists("D:\rt.txt") then
DFile = "D:\rt.txt file found"
else
DFile = "D:\rt.txt file not found"
end if
Set fso = nothing
%>
This is to verify whether the file can be found on the particluar
drive<br><%=CFile%><br><%=DFile%><br><%=EFile%>

C & E are local drives where this rt.txt file is located and the
scripti finds them fine.
D is a mapped network drive on a windows 2000 server and even though
the file is there, the script displays the "File Not Found" message
indicating to me that it must not have permission or something.

  • Re: server authentication & ASP authentication
    ... The SQL Server and web server are on the same machine (Windows 2000). ... Use windows instead of standard authentication on SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Run BAT (or other file) on remotely on server
    ... You haven't told us what OS or web server you're using, ... guessing Windows and IIS. ... Why have to manually trigger regular jobs? ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Best approach to locking down a single file on a public website?
    ...  Windows 2003 Server w/ IIS 6. ... The .asp scripts need access to the encrypted file. ... while you have disabled directory browsing in IIS. ... You can upgrade to windows 2008, where the rootdirectory and all but one ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: 401.2 Error
    ... logged on the web server but when the user tries to logon ... >Does that mean you are expecting a password prompt? ... >> The web server is publicly available although he has the ... He is using Windows XP ...