Windows Auth question/issue

From: C Trailer (online_at_traitec.com)
Date: 11/12/05

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:59:13 -0800

Hi, thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

I have a client who setup a DMZ server W2K3 Standard SP1, IIS 6, ASP.NEt
1.1. The server is dual homed, one address to the private network and one
going to an external address.

I'm trying to get Windows Authentication to work properly. It works as
expected when accessing it locally using http://servername,
http://localhost, http://internalIPaddress . however, when trying to access
it via the external ip address (even on the local machine), windows
authentication fails. The event log indicates an event id 537, Failure
Audit (an unexpected error occurred during logon).

My assumption is that this has something to do with the dual homed nature,
but am seeking any advice or knowledge of this type of setup and error.
Maybe i need to add static route to make sure the AD communication goes
through the internal link.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

.chris.

Relevant Pages

  • .NET Runtime error
    ... I have deployed an ASP.NET application on windows 2003 server. ... It uses windows authentication .In the code i am using the following ... I am storing the UserID and other credentials in session and using them ... The error in the event log entry is very generic and i am not able to ...
  • The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display m
    ... This is a Windows 2003 R2 Server which is a Guest OS using VMWare Server. ... It is functioning as a RAS server using Windows Authentication. ... DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. ... I am opening the Event log directly on the server ...
  • Re: security error in IIS logs (401.2 error)
    ... I initially thought it was being blocked by a proxy on our network. ... "Integrated Windows authentication is disabled by default if you ... Server 2003 w/ SP-1. ... I have attached my IIS log below. ...
  • Re: Windows authentication from ASP.net application to Sql Server
    ... | Subject: Re: Windows authentication from ASP.net application to Sql Server ... | server or on the same server with the IIS/ASP.Net? ... Use a single fixed impersonate account, ... | client/server to use restricted kerberos delegation which has critical ...
  • Re: cant link a document in the project server 2003 PWA
    ... I have windows authentication enabled for users. ... for userid and password while accessing documents, issues, risks. ... work fine on server where wss and project server is installed. ... and change my account to use windows authentication, ...
    (microsoft.public.project.pro_and_server)