Re: Windows auth timeout

From: Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] (dbaier_at_pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com)
Date: 11/11/05

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 02:38:04 -0800

Hello Ken,

sorry. this was living in a .txt file for a while on my desktop - couldn't
find the original link.

didn't want to steal your IP.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> If you're going to cut-n-paste stuff straight from someone else's
> website then at least provide a link. Then they can see the whole
> thing, and links to MSDN etc. Whole post is here:
> http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/archive/2005/04/12/14.aspx
>
> Cheers
> Ken
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
> <dbaier@pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com>
> wrote in message
> : Hello Tumurbaatar S.,
> :
> : When using HTTP based authentication (e.g. Basic, NTLM, Digest,
> Kerberos),
> : Internet Explorer (IE) will continue sending the same credentials
> for each
> : subsequent request to the server until one of two things happens:
> either
> : (a) the user closes their browser or (b) the server refuses the
> credentials
> : with a 401 status code.
> :
> : Beginning with IE6 SP1 the following piece of javascript code will
> clear
> : IE's credentials cache. Note, that this will clear the credentials
> cache
> : for the entire iexplore.exe process, so users will be forced to
> re-authenticate
> : to any site being accessed by that process (in case they have
> multiple
> windows
> : open pointing to multiple websites):
> :
> : // Clear current credentials
> : // Requires IE6 SP1 or later
> : document.execCommand(ClearAuthenticationCache, false)
> :
> : ---------------------------------------
> : Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
> : http://www.leastprivilege.com
> :
> : > My app uses Windows auth and it seems it does not have any method
> : > sign out a user. Is there any way to do it?
> : >
> :
> :

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Get role for any given user name ...
    ... if the user is a AD user - use LDAP ... get a token for the user (requires credentials) ... use protocol transition ... Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: detecting cached credentials on NT/2K/XP/03
    ... > from the credentials Cache or from the DC is all wrapped in the API, ... The logon process is all transparent ... into the Zw*kernel API functions to do this then I don't have a problem ...
  • Re: Relationship between IIS security and .NET AuthenticationManager
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... supports current credentials or whether you are ... This wouldn't even necessarily need Cassini as you can host HTTP ...
  • Re: .Net 2.0 signing TCP channel - examples or guidance?
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... I could get default credentials to work, ... never get username/password to work. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Windows auth timeout
    ... Internet Explorer will continue sending the same credentials for each ... subsequent request to the server until one of two things happens: ... IE's credentials cache. ... to any site being accessed by that process (in case they have multiple windows ...