Re: connection SQL-server 2000 and webapplication

From: S.M. Altaf [MVP] (smaltaf_at_PLEASEDONTSPAMMEmsn.com)
Date: 11/08/05

Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:14:56 -0000

ASP.NET with VB.NET examples.
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/doc/adoplus/adoplusoverview.aspx

And the best way of connecting is always by coding it yourself and not
relying on the 'wizards' in the IDE.
-Altaf

www.mendhak.com

"marticow" <maartends19@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've to build a webapplication (asp.net) that connects through an MS
> SQL-server-db. Does anyone know a good and clear tutorial/example that
> handles the next topics? :
>
> plz : no C# or Java. Only Visual Basic language
>
> - user/pass authentication, based on a table in ms-sql-server. (a good
> login system)
> - what's the best/easiest way to connect, the basicsteps of connections
> - any further information
>
> tnx a lot
> marticow

Relevant Pages

  • Re: variable query
    ... > Agreed - if you do your PHP coding in an IDE that colors code, ... > out the variable from the string will ensure it's colored properly to ... In My IDE ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Cant pass dynamic arrays to procedure without EInvalidPointer exception
    ... >> wrapped around your code and you're blazing new coding frontiers... ... IDE called Context and the command line compiler. ... >and computing from the wilds of geekishness, and we are all now free to to ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: While not starting a debate BUT
    ... partial classes to set extentions to the by the wizards created code. ... that is the main reason where Usenet is fore and this is a UseNet ... VB6 there was a performance and size issue to use active x controls thus ... coding was more prevelant and perfered. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Help : Replace title bar/Add fixed sets of controls/images to every screen ?
    ... change they seemed to find was the ide was different and much slower ... but their coding hasn't really changed much. ... VB.Net: "Fool me once..." ...
  • Re: New help system
    ... that launch the particular menus or wizards you need. ... There are enough windows embedded in the IDE as it is. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)