Re: ASPNET user

From: Patrick.O.Ige (patrickige_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: 11/05/05

Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 01:14:40 +1100

Yes if you use Integrated Windos Auth which is Windoows Auth.
You would use ASPNET acct to access the DB if you add the acct to SQL server
But you need to assign permission to the acct to access your
tables,Stored_prco etc..
If you impersonate then you would be using the acct AS WHO YOU ARE to access
the DB.
Patrick
** **

"Tumurbaatar S." <spam_tumur@magicnet.mn> wrote in message
> If Windows authentication used to connect to SQL server from ASP.Net
> application, a database should be accessible for ASPNET user account.
> Yes? But if I map ASPNET user to SQL server and grant it database
> access, then other ASP.Net applications can access my database. Yes?
> Also, if impersonation is enabled, then ASPNET is not used in this case,
> but IUSR_XXX. Yes?

Relevant Pages