Forms based authentication + multiple applications + directory service....

From: Jéjé (willgart_A__at_hotmail_A_.com)
Date: 10/20/05

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:57:00 -0400

Hi,

I have to implement a security like this:
1. The user is logged into a home made extranet in PHP, a directory server
is used (not the active directory) (its a form based authentication)
2. the user click on a link on the extranet application and jump to another
server & application which is my ASPX application

I want to be able to keep the login of the user, so the user is directly
authenticated.

After this, I have to impersonate the page context because I have some
secure information to retrieve from the disk and OLAP cubes.

Today my ASPX application works correctly if I'm using the NTLM or Basic
authentication.
So the impersonation is easy in this case.

Also its important for me to use the group membership to manage some
authorization using the User.IsInRole system.

To finish, I'm developping an ASP.NET 2.0 application.

How can I implement this?
I have to confirm this, but I can change the PHP application code to add
some step in the process.

thanks for your guide.

Jerome.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PHP LDAP Question
    ... Directory Server, using PHP of course, but I'm having some problems... ... I get a LDAP Error Code 10 when the Script tries to add the ...
    (php.general)
  • Sorting Active Directory/LDAP Output (Lastname, Firstname)
    ... My company has asked me to put a company directory on our intranet site ... and I'm trying to use php to extract the users from our active ... directory server. ... Not really too familiar with using php and ldap or active directory. ...
    (comp.lang.php)