Re: User management with Windows Authentication

From: Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] (dbaier_at_pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com)
Date: 09/16/05

    Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:11:58 -0700

    Hello jfer,

    in Authenticate_Request

    // get the roles
    string[] roles = _getRoles(Context.User.Identity.Name);

    // create new prinicipal
    GenericPrincipal p = new GenericPrincipal(Context.User.Identity, roles);

    // set new user
    Context.User = p;
    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    > Yes I want to store the roles in SQL but I am having problems
    > understanding how to attach the roles to the user. I was initially
    > using Forms Authentication and the new RoleManager aspect of ASP.NET
    > 2.0 to pull roles from SQL for users. However I realized forms
    > authentication is not a viable solution to another aspect of my tool
    > so I need windows authentication with the rolemanager for
    > authorization elements. Is it possible to mix these? Thanks for
    > insight

    • Re: Windows Authentication through Active Directory
      ... >> Applicatoin I want to Pop up windows Authentication ... >> of user and make a search in Active Directory. ... Private filterAttribute As String ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Re: Windows Authentication through Active Directory
      ... > Applicatoin I want to Pop up windows Authentication box so ... > Public Sub GetUserDetails(ByVal domain As String, ... > username As String, ByVal pwd As String) ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Windows Authentication through Active Directory
      ... Applicatoin I want to Pop up windows Authentication box so ... username As String, ByVal pwd As String) ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Re: User management with Windows Authentication
      ... Yes I want to store the roles in SQL but I am having problems ... understanding how to attach the roles to the user. ... using Forms Authentication and the new RoleManager aspect of ASP.NET ...
    • ASP.NET Forms Authentication Best Practices
      ... ASP.NET Forms Authentication Best Practices ... What happens if your user database is compromised? ... Listing One, where you want to use login.aspx to log users in. ... string FirstName ...