Re: ASP.NET 2.0 & FormsAuthentication

From: Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] (dbaier_at_pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com)
Date: 09/06/05

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 06:07:34 -0700

Hello vetplakh,

> No I don't. The default value is used (which I'm sure is allow="*")

And that's your problem - no authentication required - no redirect

>> ... shall we on ourselves figure out what exactly your problem is??
>>
> Don't you guys get paid for that?

HAHA. No, we don't. we hang out here just for kicks.

> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" wrote:
>
>> Hello vetplakh,
>>
>> wanna give us more info, or shall we on ourselves figure out what
>> exactly your problem is??
>>
>> do you have denied access to anon users??
>>
>> <authorization>
>> <deny users="?" />
>> <authorization>
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>>> Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2
>>>
>>> Web.config
>>> <system.web>
>>> <authentication mode="Forms">
>>> <forms name=".AS20AUTH" slidingExpiration="false"
>>> loginUrl="login.aspx" />
>>> </authentication>
>>> </system.web>
>>> According to IIS logs Forms Authentication Control Flow described in
>>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/9fw3ef80(en-us,vs.80).aspx
>>> doesn't
>>> work.
>>> Pls help me.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ASP.NET 2.0 & FormsAuthentication
    ... wanna give us more info, or shall we on ourselves figure out what exactly ... do you have denied access to anon users?? ...
  • Re: Newbie question about configuration.
    ... how to redirect to a website. ... I have also denied access to certain files from being downloaded. ... banned sites but can I do the same if someone tries to download a file ... go into the Rule that denies the website. ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • Redirecting the 401.2 Error
    ... I'm trying to redirect the 401.2 error. ... Basically, here's the web config ... ASP.NET can generate a page to tell me that I'm denied access, ...
  • GEtting DC of an Interactive Desktop
    ... I would like to know how do I get the DC of an interactive desktop. ... I wanna ... create a Desktop and redirect the DC to the DC of a window within the current ... Microsoft Student Partner - India ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.gdi)