Extremely freaky Security Exception

From: William Sullivan (WilliamSullivan_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/17/05

    Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:08:04 -0700

    I have a page that (simply put) displays information from a SQL database.
    I've split off the business logic and database access logic into different
    classes. My database access class exposes static methods for loading typed
    datasets with information from the database. I call methods in this class
    three times when my page loads. The first two methods I call work fine; they
    return the data I expect from the database. The last method fails with a
    Security Exception. The extremely freaky part is that when I follow the
    execution while debugging, the exception is thrown exactly when I call the
    method. Execution never enters the method. A snippet of code looks like:

    this.securityData = DBHelper.GetSecurityData();

    this.roomData = DBHelper.GetRoomData(this.userID);

    CabinetData foo = DBHelper.GetCabinetData(roomServer, roomDbName, dbType);

    the three methods do pretty much the same thing--connect to the database,
    run a query, fill a typed dataset with the results, and return it. The only
    difference is that the first two are instance variables, the third (foo) is a
    local variable to the method where the calls occur. The exception is thrown
    after the third line is reached and before stepping into the method. I want
    to make this clear--the method GetCabinetData never executes; the exception
    is thrown at the point where execution would normally transfer from the
    calling method into GetCabinetData. I'm stumped. TIA.

    • Session_End event, System.NullReferenceException
      ... database table that is used to log user sessions. ... The stored procedure executes successfully, and I can see the updated data in ... an exception is being generated by the code that I'ved added to ... through an execution of the code that led to the exception. ...
    • Re: error in accessing database
      ... Access requires the creation of an .ldb file when the database ... An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the ... current web request. ...
    • Re: Session_End event, System.NullReferenceException
      ... you are not validating that the session data exists before using it. ... I am executing a stored procedure to update a database table that is used to log user sessions. ... an exception is being generated by the code that I'ved added to the Session_End event. ... If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that one of the resources that is being cleaned up after the execution of the stored procedure cannot be cleaned up, due to the session ending. ...
    • Re: How share program files folder on LAN?
      ... Install the application on both computers. ... >computers are trying to access the database at the same time. ... registry entries that control the program's execution. ... Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...
    • Re: Execution Plan not showing steps
      ... The one the Common Table Expression is in a common database ... If that is database X for example, the call originates from database A or B ... When I look at the Execution plan of executing the Stored Procedure, ... I why is it giving me a Clustered Index Scan instead of a Table ...