Re: Get the current logged in user name

From: Brock Allen (ballen_at_NOSPAMdevelop.com)
Date: 08/02/05

    Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:20:42 -0700

    This was in the context of a Control or the Page. Another way is to call:

    HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    > I cannot seem to find the container class for this property.
    >
    > It surly is not the member of System.Web.Security or am I wrong?
    >
    > Imran.
    >
    > "Brock Allen" <ballen@NOSPAMdevelop.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> User.Identity.Name
    >>
    >> -Brock
    >> DevelopMentor
    >> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
    >>> Hello All,
    >>> I am new to .net. I want to use windows authentication to
    >>> authenticate
    >>> against the current logged in user on the client machine. I believe
    >>> by
    >>> using
    >>> windows authentication method, the IIS will send me details of the
    >>> current logged in user at the client machine if integrated windows
    >>> authentication is enabled at IIS. Can anyone please guide me how I
    >>> can
    >>> get the name of the current logged in client that is making a
    >>> request
    >>> to my ASP.net application ?
    >>> I am trying to look into System.Web.Security class for this but have
    >>> not been able to find a piece of code or guidance of how to do it.
    >>>
    >>> Imran.

    • Re: ContextMenu
      ... how can i know where the control object occurring the pop-up menu in smartdev? ... I know that context menu in win 32 have a member " Source Control", ...
    • Re: SNDNETF and CPF8072
      ... In the custom send command there was the ability to perform a /split file/ operation when the file would exceed a threshold of record count, and then at the destination\receiving system, there was recognition of the need to repackage or /merge files/ into one file when a Control-File was received; the receiving end would usually receive the control file before the pieces, so would wait until all were received before starting the merge. ... create a file with member CONTROL in file name to be sent: ... A recipient needed to avoid receiving a file as part of normal single-file processing, when instead the file needed to be merged with others. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
    • Re: SNDNETF and CPF8072
      ... the receiving end would usually receive the ... control file before the pieces, so would wait until all were received ... create a file with member CONTROL in file name to be sent: ... and not needing to use the FTP command shell. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
    • Re: Button list control
      ... > When you use page controls, different context menus may apply to every ... > of the actually displayed archive, not on the container control. ... "DisplayProperties" action is enabled, and the selected transaction, ...
      (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
    • Re: raising Page event with customs webcontrol
      ... Context, which would be raised when there's no associated http context e.g ... inside a control you can get to the HttpContext yourself via ... > through the registering of the control to raise events and place a public ... > and they will have Page level scope context. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols)