Re: How to test SSL on my local IIS?

From: Sean M (tamasean_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/28/05

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:08:12 -0400

Don't some of the commercial certificate providers dole out free "test
certificates" that can be used for exactly this purpose?

-- Sean M

"Rob R. Ainscough" <robains@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to test SSL using my local IIS without having to pay
$1000/yr
> for an SSL certificate?
>
> Thanks, Rob.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using Makecert.exe for testing?
    ... > test certificate that can then be used to test SSL in IIS5? ... > NT4 so we don't have the Cert Server installed. ... All rights ...
  • Re: testing SSL
    ... All you need to test SSL is to install a web server certificate to your test ...
  • Problem with Server certificate for SSL from MCS 2.0
    ... I just setup a webserver using IIS 5.0 on W2k SP4 to test SSL. ... Alert popup which states: ... "The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to ... View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the ...
  • RE: test certificate
    ... The .crt file is the certificate file. ... Check out the documentation ... If you just need to test SSL you can download SSLDiag and generate a test ... Microsoft Developer Support ...
  • RE: Using Makecert.exe for testing?
    ... test certificate that can then be used to test SSL in IIS5? ... NT4 so we don't have the Cert Server installed. ... This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...