Authentication Redirect to login doesn't work

From: Eric (eric57e_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/28/05

Date: 28 Jun 2005 07:52:07 -0700

I have Windows xp as workstation OS and Windows Server 2003 Standard
Edition for the server but Windows NT 4 as primary Domain controller. I
made a login.aspx and a home.aspx page to test windows authentication
with the lines of code needed in the web config file and code behind.
The Home.aspx page is set as the default page in IIS 6.0.
I have configured IIS for Basic authentication in the Directory
Security panel of IIS manager.
When I'm calling the site with the default Url home.aspx page is
displayed with nothing for User.identity.Name.

Then i tried with windows integreted authentication. I have made the
appropriate amendements in the web config file but when i test it still
nothing is displayed for User.identity.Name.

Could someone tell me what could be wrong.
Does NT integrated authetication work with a NT4 Primary DC and Server
2003 domain member server?

thanks in advance for any help

Eric

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS Start up errors
    ... provide the detailed steps to reinstall the IIS server in SBS 2003 server. ... For example, programs such as Microsoft ... In the Currently installed programs list, click Windows Small Business ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49 ... Microsoft Windows NNTP Denial of Service Vulnerability ... Microsoft IIS SSI Buffer Overrun Privelege Elevation Vulnerability ... Microsoft ISA Server H.323 Memory Leak Denial of Service... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Active Directory Services cannot find the web server
    ... I am having the same problem with a windows xp pro with iis 5.1 ... incedently does not work properly when connecting to the server. ... both the client and server and still no luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs)
  • Re: restated: VS Develper (non Admin) missing IIS MMC Management
    ... > debug ASP in VB.Net, and of course manage IIS MMC. ... > Microsoft Development Environment ... > Information Server on the client and the server. ... > server from a Windows NT 4.0 client. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup)