custom code + delegation = problem...

From: Jéjé (willgart_A__at_hotmail_A_.com)
Date: 06/14/05

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:45:02 -0400

Hi,

I have a custom aspx page which access RS (Reporting Services) using the
webservice interface.

I'm using the delegation (defautcredentialcache) to send the user
authentication to RS.
RS and my web application are on the same server.

this works fine in 2 cases:
* NT authentication used in both virtual directories (/reportserver & /
mycustomapp)
* Basic authentication used for /mycustomapp but NT authentication for
/reportserver

But I want to setup the Basic authentication for both the /reportserver & /
mycustomapp virtual folders.

I don't understand why using the default credential cache doesn't works.
my current work around is to detect if I'm in Basic authentication mode,
then a create a networkcredential object base on the current user login &
password.

does it a RS related issue? or an ASP.Net one?

Relevant Pages

  • BASIC authentication Issues with IE
    ... quarks has either gotten worst or Microsoft is now forcing some behavior ... to try to understand Microsoft's variant BASIC Authentication ... When you use explorer to open the C:\ root folder, ...
  • Re: HTTP_AUTHORIZATION header
    ... With Basic authentication, ... I use WFetch to make a Basic authenticated POST request against my CGI EXE ... Nitpick on your stated understanding of authentication protocols - ...
  • RE: Name mapping : 1 certificate, multiple user accounts
    ... If you have Basic Authentication disabled in IIS, ... Integrated authentication will prompt if the prerequisites for transparent ...
  • Re: An outside client cant access our WSS website
    ... they need to be using Basic Authentication. ... SSL just that you would be very wise for security reasons to use it (because ... >>> One client can't access our website from their company office. ...
  • Re: Connecting to AS 2005 using a specified user
    ... If you use MSOLAP.3 to connect to an AS 2000 server over HTTP, ... Basic authentication credentials. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)